AMERICÆ Descriptio Nova
- Type of resource
- Date created
- 1 map ; hand col.; 34.2 x 41.3 cm.; 34.2 x41.8 cm. including border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:45,000,000]. ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Digital collection
- 708 digital items
- Seile, Anne, -1678
- Based on Speed's map of 1626.
- State 2
- 1663, issued by his widow, Anae Seile, with some change to location of place names (Entry 35). Changed title: AMERICÆ Nova descriptio Impensis ANÆ SEILE. Engraved by: Rob. Vaughn sculp (lower right). Cape Mendocino is now placed below the island of St. Clement and C Martin inserted between C de St. Sebastian and Po S Fra Drake. I Hatorash is omitted on the east coast
- Statement of responsibility
- Impensis ANÆ SEILE.
- Wagner 368; Tooley 11, 12, & 13; Leighly 24 (Plate VIII); Burden 308 (Plate 308) & 379 (Plate 379); UCB; Wheat 55
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Updated McLaughlin Book Number
- Updated McLaughlin book number with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.