The First American Poetry Disc: An Introduction to Poetry, 1987
- Type of resource
- Moving image
- Place of production
- New Jersey : County College of Morris
- Digital origin
- reformatted digital
- Broadcast standard
- Sound content
- Color content
- Color with black and white
- 1 VHS tape
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
Contains correspondence, manuscripts by Ginsberg and other writers, business records, notebooks and journals, clipping files, books, periodicals, audiotapes, videotapes, photographs, and posters. Accessions received in 1998, 1999, 2002, and 2004 totaling some 153.5 linear feet have not yet been processed., Accession 2011-038, .25 linear foot, includes letters from Alan Ansen, Charles Bukowski, Robert Creeley, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Louis Ginsberg, John Holmes, Norman Mailer, Michael McClure, Kate Orlovsky, Kenneth Rexroth, Gary Snyder, Anne Waldman, Philip Whalen, and others. Also included is "A commonplace book," a bound manuscript notebook by Ginsberg, 1946.
Recitation of poems by Allen Ginsberg, X.J. Kennedy, Paul Zimmer, Lyn Lifshin, Ishmael Reed, Stephen Dobyns, Philip Appleman, Elizabeth Bishop, Donald Hall, James Wright, Gibbons Ruark, and Kenneth Burke.
- Reformatted by Stanford University Libraries in 2017.
- Source ID
- Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University Archives
- Use and reproduction
- While Special Collections is the owner of the physical and digital items, permission to examine collection materials is not an authorization to publish. These materials are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any transmission or reproduction beyond that allowed by fair use requires permission from the owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/spc/using-collections/permission-publish