Aethiopia Inferior vel Exterior
- Type of resource
- [London] : [Ogilby, John, 1600-1676]
- Date created
- 28 x 36 cm
- Map data
- Scale in German miles ; (E 7°30′--E 50°25′/N 5°--S 35°)
The collection contains 312 maps of Africa and its islands collected by Oscar I. Norwich, and includes sea charts and maps of Southern Africa; the Cape of Good Hope; North, East, and West Africa; islands, ports, and town plans. The majority of the maps are loose items, but a certain number are from rare, published atlases; a few were published in travel books.
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676 (creator)
- Africa, being an Accurate Description of the Regions of Egypt, Barbary, Lybia and Billedulgerid ... (1670)
- Similar to Bleau's map (see NOR 0154). Map also appeared in Dutch, French and German editions. Probably engraved by Jacob van Meurs.
- Outline color
- Norwich, I., Pam Kolbe, and Jeffrey C Stone. Norwich's Maps of Africa: An Illustrated and Annotated Carto-Bibliography. 2nd ed. / rev. and edited by Jeffrey C. Stone. Norwich, Vt.: Terra Nova Press, 1997. Map 0159, p. 181.
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich
- Norwich ID
- NOR 0159
- Use and reproduction
- To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Special Collections Public Services Librarian at email@example.com.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.