Magnum MARE del ZUR cum Insula CALIFORNIA. De Groote ZUYD-ZEE en't Eylandt CALIFORNIA
- Type of resource
- Gedruckt't Amsterdam
- Date created
- 1 chart : hand col.: 48.5 x 54.3 cm., 48.5 x 55.9 cm. including border.
- Map data
- [ca.1:22,000,000] ; (E 110° --W 70°/N 63° --S 53°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- State 3
- 1745, issued by R. & I. Ottens, with many changes to map, including the additions of: Tartarie Ketchen (upper left corner) and Nieuw Bretagne (island east of Nova Guinea). Ottens also added "T Land van den H. Geest", "Salomons Eylanden" and "les Marquis de Mendoce". With imprint (bottom right): Gedruckt’t Amsterdam by R. & I. Ottens.
- Statement of responsibility
- by R. & I. Ottens.
- L.C. 485, 559, & 592; Wagner 411 & 507; Tooley 40 and 41; Leighly 67; Koeman,IV, M.Wit1(21), Ren1(22),Ren2(22) & Ren3(22).
- California as an island with indented northern coast. Title cartouche (lower right) with portrait of Magellan and winged cherubs above, and with Neptune and female riding horses on the water. Title in Latin and Dutch.
- From: Atlas van Zeevaart en Koophandel door de Geheele Weereldt / By Reinier en Iosua Ottens, 1745.
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Updated McLaughlin Book Number
- Updated McLaughlin book number with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.