Active Parcels with Addresses: San Mateo County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Redwood City, California, US : County of San Mateo Information Services Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°31ʹ27ʺ--W 122°6ʹ38ʺ/N 37°42ʹ50ʺ--N 37°6ʹ55ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°31ʹ10ʺ--W 122°7ʹ6ʺ/N 37°42ʹ33ʺ--N 37°7ʹ6ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile depicts the active parcels, including physical addresses, over which the County of San Mateo holds authority. A parcel is a piece of real property under a defined ownership, or it can be a lot in a subdivision. County governments administer and legislate through the creation of and maintenance of land records that are associated with a parcel of land. Thus the parcel is often the vital administrative unit of local government. Parcel maps must meet the requirements of the General Plan and all applicable laws and ordinances. Parcel maps are alternately called tax maps, plat maps, plot maps and assessor maps. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data for San Mateo County, California.
This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- County of San Mateo Information Services Department. (2015). Active Parcels with Addresses: San Mateo County, California, 2015. San Mateo County. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/xp464dx3743
- Use limitation
- The County of San Mateo cannot vouch for the data or analyses derived from these data.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.