Groundwater Elevation Color Ramp, California, Fall 2013
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Sacramento, California, US : California. Department of Water Resources, 2016
- Digital origin
- born digital
- GeoTIFF; Raster
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; Custom projection (W 122°26ʹ41ʺ--W 118°44ʹ55ʺ/N 40°36ʹ39ʺ--N 34°59ʹ58ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°26ʹ41ʺ--W 118°44ʹ55ʺ/N 40°36ʹ39ʺ--N 34°59ʹ58ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- Digital collection
- 123 digital items
- Physical collection
- 1 online resource
This raster dataset (GeoTIFF) represents groundwater elevation in California for fall 2013 using a color ramp. This layer is a smoothed approximation of the groundwater level 'surface' based on the measurement data. The measurement values may not exactly match the contour values because of the smoothing process. Water level measurements are selected based on measurement data and well construction information (where available) and approximate groundwater levels in the unconfined to uppermost semi-confined aquifers.
This layer is intended to be used as a compliment to data, reports, and other information provided by the California Groundwater Information Center.
- Preferred citation
- California Department of Water Resources. (2016). Groundwater Elevation Color Ramp, California, Fall 2013. California Department of Water Resources. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/xp137nw4166.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.