- Type of resource
- Date created
- Both hemispheres, each approximately 13 cm diameter.
- Map data
- Scale not given ; (W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Burnet, Thomas, 1635?-1715 (creator)
- State 5
- [1700?], both hemispheres (each approximately 13 cm. diameter) with very rough edges; Western Hemisphere at page bottom with text below: “Den Aardkloot van water ontbloot, na twee zijden aante sien.”; and with “909” at top right.
- Issued in: Boor-bereidselen tot de bybelsche wysheid, en gebruik der heilige en kerklijke historien ... / by Wilhelmus Goeree. -- Amsterdam, 1700?
- Shirley 507; UCB; Ashley Baynton-Williams.
- Western Hemisphere of azimuthal equal-area projection. No place names except for the label “America” on the continent. Attempt to show the ocean floor in relief. California as an island similar to second Sanson model but with a more angular northwest tip, as by Colom and Doncker.
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Original McLaughlin book number (1995 edition) with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.