FACIES TERRÆ AMERICANA IN LUNA CONSPECTA
- Type of resource
- Date created
- [ca. 1709]
- [ca. 1700]
- 11.5 x 13.9 cm.
- Map data
- Scale not given ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Seller, John, fl. 1658-1698 (creator)
- Map surrounded by parting clouds with the title inside a banner running across the top of the page.
- Issued in his: Atlas Coelestis Containing the Systems and Theoryes of the Planets and Constellations of the Starrs. -- [London] : Sold by Ben. Bragg in Pater Noster Row. Entry #507 also included in the book.
- Statement of responsibility
- [John Seller].
- Western hemisphere shown without place names. California depicted with a long flat northern coastline. Large land mass to the west of South America.
- Post publication map number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.