A Map of all the EARTH and how after the Flood it Was Divided among the Sons of Noah
- Type of resource
- Date created
- 21.9 x 43.4 cm, 32.3 x 46.1 cm including border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1: 60,000,000] ; (W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's., Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Digital collection
- 708 digital items
- Moxon, Joseph, 1627-1691
- State 1
- As above, without Pennsylvania noted.
- State 2
- With Pennsylvania marked and labeled as 57. New Spain is noted on the mainland as 61. List of numbered locations includes: Europa, 1-25 and xxx; Asia, 26-44 and xx; Africa, 45-55 and x; and America, 56-78. Issued in: The Book of common prayer / Printed by Charles Bill, and the Executrix of Thomas Newcombe. -- London, 1711.
- Shirley 457 (Plate 339); Clancy BXIII, 106.
- Statement of responsibility
- By J. Moxon, Hydrographer to the Kings most Excellent Majesty.
- Issued in: Sacred Geographie, or, Scriptural Mapps... . London, 1671.
- California with a flat northern coast and with a large area jutting off the top left-hand side of the island. The island is named but has no place names. Dedication: To the most Reverend Father in God Gilbert Lord Arch Bishop of Canterbury. His Grace Primate of all England and Metropolitan This Map is humbly Dedicated by Joseph Moxon. (Note: Gilbert Sheldon was the Archbishop of Canterbury from 1663 to 1677.) Map surrounded by scenes from the Bible. Eden is prominently note on the Euphrates. Noah’s son Japhet is named on the North American continent, that part of the earth having been given to him. Includes a key to the numbered locations. Printed for binding into Bibles along with five other maps of Biblical interest.
- Post publication map number
- Post publication map number with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.