CoC Grantee Areas, 2014
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Washington D.C., US : United States. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 2014
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (W 178°13ʹ40ʺ--W 65°14ʹ39ʺ/N 71°23ʹ26ʺ--N 17°52ʹ53ʺ)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile represents the boundaries of Continuum of Care (CoC) grantee recipients as of November 14, 2014. Homeless Assistance Programs administered by HUD award funds competitively and require the development of a Continuum of Care system in the community where assistance is being sought. A continuum of care system is designed to address the critical problem of homelessness through a coordinated community-based process of identifying needs and building a system to address those needs. The approach is predicated on the understanding that homelessness is not caused merely by a lack of shelter, but involves a variety of underlying, unmet needs - physical, economic, and social. Funds are granted based on the competition following the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA).
This layer is intended for researchers, students, policy makers, and the general public for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production. This layer will provide a basemap for layers related to socio-political analysis, statistical enumeration and analysis, or to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data. More advanced user applications may focus on demographics, urban and rural land use planning, socio-economic analysis and related areas (including defining boundaries, managing assets and facilities, integrating attribute databases with geographic features, spatial analysis, and presentation output.)
- Preferred citation
- United States. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (2014). CoC Grantee Areas, 2014. United States. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/wm843fh7398.
- Supplemental information
- To learn more about the CoC program, please visit the following website: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/comm_planning/homeless/programs/coc.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.