Important Farmland, Butte County, California, 2012
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Sacramento, California, US : California. Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program, 2012
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; Custom projection (W 122°4ʹ36ʺ--W 121°4ʹ16ʺ/N 40°9ʹ20ʺ--N 39°17ʹ22ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°4ʹ5ʺ--W 121°4ʹ32ʺ/N 40°9ʹ7ʺ--N 39°17ʹ45ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- Digital collection
- 48 digital items
- Physical collection
- 1 online resource
This polygon shapefile represents areas of important farmland in Butte County, California for 2012. Established in 1982, Government Code Section 65570 mandates FMMP to biennially report on the conversion of farmland and grazing land, and to provide maps and data to local government and the public.
The Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program (FMMP) provides data to decision makers for use in planning for the present and future use of California's agricultural land resources. The data is a current inventory of agricultural resources. This data is for general planning purposes and has a minimum mapping unit of ten acres.
- Conceptual consistency report
- The Important Farmland survey area is based on Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) modern soil surveys covering most non-governmental lands in California; 49 counties are fully or partially surveyed at this time. Soil surveys specific to National Forests or other government land units are not surveyed. Beginning in 2000, SSURGO digital soil information was incorporated into the Alameda County Important Farmland data. Data subsequent to 2000 may have acreage and soil line differences due to incorporation of newer NRCS-SSURGO editions. Prior to the availability of SSURGO, soil information was hand-transferred from the paper soil surveys. Older versions of the data have not been modified. The land use minimum mapping unit of ten acres has not changed, but digital soil units of down to one acre occur in the SSURGO-enhanced Important Farmland data. Due to the interaction of land use and soil components of the data, incorporation of SSURGO may also result in units of less than ten acres for categories such as Other Land (or Nonagricultural and Natural Vegetation). For more information on SSURGO, contact the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service: <http://www.nrcs.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/soils/survey/geo/>
- Preferred citation
- California Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program. (2012). Important Farmland, Butte County, California, 2012. California Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/wf469qr5893.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.