A New and Correct Map of AMERICA Laid down According to the Accurate Improvements of Senex, Moll and other Modern Geographers. Humbly Inscribed to his Royal Highness George Prince of Wales
- Type of resource
- Date created
- 53.4 x 45.7 cm., 55.5 x 47.2 to the border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:38,000,000]. ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- State 4
- [1752?], inscribed to his Royal Highness George, Prince of Wales. The engraver’s name and publisher’s imprint erased.
- TMC 46 (p. 10, illus., State 6); TMC 61 (p. 55, State 3); UCB (State 3).
- Statement of responsibility
- [George Foster].
- California with indented northern coast. Streights of Annian and Mozemleck Country to north. Inserts: Port Royal Harbour, Boston Harbour, Georgia (all upper left); The North Pole (bottom left); A view of a Stage, also ye manner of Fishing ... New Foundland.... (bottom right). Title cartouche with royal crest and crown, native figure to left, and British figure holding British flag to right (upper left). Basis for John Bowles & Son map of  (Entry 235). He used vignette and North Pole inserts; kept California unchanged.
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Original McLaughlin book number (1995 edition) with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.