Cities: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2010
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Berkeley, California, US : Bay Area Open Space Council, 2011
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; Custom projection (W 123°2ʹ6ʺ--W 121°28ʹ53ʺ/N 38°49ʹ10ʺ--N 36°58ʹ17ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 123°2ʹ6ʺ--W 121°31ʹ7ʺ/N 38°49ʹ10ʺ--N 36°58ʹ20ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile depicts cities in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. This data was compiled by the GreenInfo Network from different County and City agencies. Data was merged together into one file. Coast line is clipped out. The coverage displays city and county attributes, notes and source information in the database. Solano cities and San Francisco city boundaries are pulled from the United States Census Bureau Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing GIS database called TIGER/Line. Solano county does not have city data in GIS.
This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Administrative and political divisions
- Cities and towns
- Metropolitan areas
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.)
- Alameda County (Calif.)
- Contra Costa County (Calif.)
- Marin County (Calif.)
- Napa County (Calif.)
- San Francisco County (Calif.)
- San Mateo County (Calif.)
- Santa Clara County (Calif.)
- Solano County (Calif.)
- Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Geospatial data
- Cartographic dataset
- Preferred citation
- Bay Area Open Space Council, GreenInfo Network, Conservation Lands Network, and San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project. (2011). Cities: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2010. Bay Area Open Space Council. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/vj593xs7263.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.