Annual Projected Water Balance by Subdrainage Area in Kenya, 2000 and 2010
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Washington, D.C., US : World Resources Institute, 2007
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (E 33°56ʹ59ʺ--E 41°53ʹ54ʺ/N 5°26ʹ9ʺ--S 4°41ʹ1ʺ)
- World Resources Institute (creator)
This polygon shapefile portrays annual projected water balance by subdrainage area in Kenya for 2000 and 2010. The data was taken from the Kenya National Water Master Plan (1992) and joined by sub-basin. Land areas with negative water balances (where water supply is outstripped by demand) will require investment in water resource infrastructure to cover their needs.
This data was used in Map 3.7 in Nature's Benefits in Kenya: An Atlas of Ecosystems and Human Well-Being.
- Preferred citation
- World Resources Institute. (2007). Annual Projected Water Balance by Subdrainage Area in Kenya, 2000 and 2010. World Resources Institute. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/vg872zt5749
- Use limitation
- Data set is not for use in litigation. While efforts have been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the state of the art, WRI, cannot assume liability for any damages, or misrepresentations, caused by any inaccuracies in the data, or as a result of the data to be used on a particular system. WRI makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Referenced by
- Nature's Benefits in Kenya: An Atlas of Ecosystems and Human Well-Being
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.