- Type of resource
- Date created
- 15.7 x 18.7 cm, 16.4 x 23 cm including borders and text.
- Map data
- [ca. 1: 11,000,000]. ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's., Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Digital collection
- 708 digital items
- California with nearly flat northern coast and many coastal place names. TERRA ESONIS INCOGNITA and Fretum Anian to northwest, and Paye de Moozemleck to north.
- Title cartouche (lower left) with one seated native near an elephant and lion.
- Column of text to map right explains map abbreviations.
- Similar to map of same title issued by Schrieber, 1749, except for changed cartouche (Entry 233).
- Issued in his: Atlas minor ex tabulis geographicis. -- [Augsburg, 1784?].
- None found.
- Statement of responsibility
- verlegt von loh: Mich: Probst in Augsburg.
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.