Capital Outlay Projects (Points), California, 2014
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Sacramento, US : California. Department of Transportation, 2014
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Point
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4269 (W -122.930037--W -119.239038/N 40.723953--N 34.26497)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (W -122.930037--W -119.239038/N 40.723953--N 34.26497)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This point shapefile represents capital improvement projects on California's state highways that are part of the State Transportation Improvement Project (STIP). The STIP is a resource management document to assist state and local entities to plan and implement transportation improvements and to utilize available resources in a cost-effective manner. The STIP is a listing of all capital improvement projects that are expected to receive an allocation of state transportation funds from the California Transportation Commission (CTC) during the following five years. The STIP consists of two broad programs, the regional program funded from 75% of new STIP funding and the interregional program funded from 25% of new STIP funding. The 75% regional program is further subdivided by formula into county shares. County shares are generally available for projects nominated by a Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA) in their RTIPS. Amendments to the STIP are made by the entity that submitted the project and require a 30-day public notice. The list of capital improvements projects was extracted from The CTIPS (California Transportation Improvement Program System) database. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).
This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- Preferred citation
- California Department of Transportation. (2014). Capital Outlay Projects (Points), California, 2014. California Department of Transportation. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/tq761vm2162.
- Supplemental information
- Office of Capital Improvement Programming (OCIP): http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/transprog/ocip.htm For more information about CTIPS, including information on how to obtain an account, please visit CTIPS webpage at: http://ctips.dot.ca.gov/citrix/metaframexp/default/login.asp?ClientDetection=On
- Use limitation
- The CTIPS (California Transportation Improvement Program System) database is used to support the business of Transportation Programming. CTIPS is used to capture the STIP and SHOPP documents in an automated repository, which would be used to generate FTIP documents and the FSTIP. CTIPS provides a common database shared by Caltrans District Offices, Headquarters, RTPAs, FHWA, and MPOs. Specifically, CTIPS is used by these agencies to manage the programming and allocation of funds for STIP, SHOPP and local projects.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. http://www.gnu.org/licenses.