Bulletin 118 - Groundwater Basins and Subbasins, California, 2016
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Sacramento, California, US : California. Department of Water Resources, 2016
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::6414 (W 124°27ʹ37ʺ--W 113°36ʹ4ʺ/N 42°1ʹ9ʺ--N 32°25ʹ41ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°32ʹ57ʺ--W 114°13ʹ32ʺ/N 38°3ʹ27ʺ--N 32°35ʹ31ʺ
- California. Department of Water Resources (creator)
This polygon shapefile contains the boundaries of 517 groundwater basins and subbasins as defined by the California Department of Water Resources as last modified by the Basin Boundary Emergency Regulation adopted on October 21, 2015. Groundwater basins are represented as polygon features and designated on the basis of geological and hydrological conditions - usually the occurrence of alluvial or unconsolidated deposits. When practical, large basins are also subdivided by political boundaries, as in the Central Valley. Basins are named and numbered per the convention of the Department of Water Resources. The associated data are considered DWR enterprise GIS data, which meet all appropriate requirements of the DWR GIS Spatial Data Standards.
Bulletin 118 defines the recognized groundwater basins and subbasins throughout the State of California. The Bulletin 118 document provides information on these basins/subbasins and the nature and extent of groundwater occurrence and management within the State. The Bulletin 118 dataset makes the geographic locations and extent of the 517 basins/subbasins publically available, for use in external mapping/GIS applications.
- Attribute accuracy report
- Horizontal positional accuracy was established by professional judgement. 100% of the linework is better than 10 mile accuracy. Some places are better than 10 mile accuracy.
- Preferred citation
- California Department of Water Resources. (2016). Bulletin 118 - Groundwater Basins and Subbasins, California, 2016. California Department of Water Resources. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/tg934ft3631.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.