Petroleum Refineries, United States, 2014
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Washington, D.C., US : National Energy Information Center (U.S.), 2015
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Point
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (W 158°6ʹ39ʺ--W 74°13ʹ20ʺ/N 70°19ʹ29ʺ--N 21°18ʹ13ʺ)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This point shapefile represents all operating petroleum refineries located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. Territories as of January 1, 2014. These data originate from the U.S. Energy Information Administration, Refinery Capacity Report, (EIA-820) Table 3, Capacity of Operable Petroleum Refineries by State. In addition to the sources listed, accuracy for the locations of facilities shown on the map was improved through the use of publicly available sites such as company websites and satellite images from public websites. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data produced by the U.S. National Energy Information Administration.
This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- Preferred citation
- National Energy Information Center (U.S.). (2015). Petroleum Refineries, United States, 2014. National Energy Information Center. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/sn471sh5118.
- Supplemental information
- EIA-820 report: http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/refinerycapacity/table3.pdf.
- Use limitation
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained herein. These data and related graphics, if available, are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. The information contained in these data is dynamic and may change over time. The U.S. Energy Information Administration gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of these data.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.