Novissima et Accuratissima TOTIUS AMERICÆ DESCRIPTIO
- Type of resource
- Date created
- 1 map : hand col.; 42 x 52.1 cm; 43.7 x 53.1 including border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:44,000,000] ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676 (creator)
- Engraved by: F. Lamb, Sculp (lower right).
- Wagner 404; Tooley 35 (Plate 42).
- Place names in Latin.
- Based on Visscher map; California as an island with flat northern coast. "Strate Anian" and "Anian" to north.
- Figured title cartouche in lower left; Top left cartouche mentions Anthony Ashley; both fully colored.
- Statement of responsibility
- per JOHANEM OGILUIUM Cosmographum Regium [John Ogilby].
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.