Compressible Soils Hazard Zones: Santa Clara County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- San Jose, California, US : Santa Clara County (Calif.). Planning Office, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (W 122°7ʹ24ʺ--W 121°30ʹ56ʺ/N 37°28ʹ41ʺ--N 36°56ʹ5ʺ)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile depicts compressible soils hazard zones in the unincorporated areas of the County of Santa Clara, California. The County defines compressible soils as those susceptible to subsidence, a sinking or flattening of the soils to the point of posing a hazard to any structures built upon them. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data for Santa Clara County, California.
The Santa Clara County Planning Office is part of the Department of Planning and Development. Their primary function is to plan and regulate land use and development within the unincorporated portions of Santa Clara County. Other responsibilities include policy analysis, GIS services, research and technical assistance relating to land use, housing, environmental protection, historic preservation and demographics. The Geographic Information Services Department has taken on all those activities related to GIS data and GIS process and procedures that cross organizational boundaries. Santa Clara County encompasses 15 cities and approximately 1.7 million people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Santa Clara County, California. Planning Office. (2015). Compressible Soils Hazard Zones: Santa Clara County, California, 2015. Santa Clara County, Calif. Planning Office. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/sd272zw1874.
- Use limitation
- There are no Use Constraints. The user must be familiar with GIS software and web maps to use these data. No support on the use of software or webmaps is provided. All information provided herein by the Santa Clara County Department of Planning and Development (SCCDPD) is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the SCCDPD and any person or entity. Information on the website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the SCCDPD makes no guarantees of any kind.The SCCDPD, its employees, officers, content providers, affiliates or other representatives are not liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages) arising out of your useof, your inability to use, or the performance of this website or the content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.