- Type of resource
- London : James Cundee, Albion Press.
- Date created
- 4 maps, ea. 8 cm. diam., and 3 diagrams on one sheet : 26.7 x approx. 21.3 cm.
- Map data
- varies. ; (W 0° --E 0°/N 90° --N 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Cundee, J. (James) (creator)
- Map 1 & 3 (Top-left and mid-left) are of the Eastern Hemisphere.
- Map 4 (Mid-right): North polar projection to equator. California is shown as a large island with nearly flat northern coastline. A large bay to its north; Louisiana is labelled to its east.
- Issued in unknown volume.
- Statement of responsibility
- [James Cundee].
- Map 2 (Top right): North polar projection to Tropic of Cancer. California is shown as a large island with flat northern coastline. A large bay to its north; Essons Land is labelled to its northwest.
- Ashley Baynton-Williams.
- Post publication map number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.