Petroleum Administration for Defense Districts, United States, 2014
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Washington, D.C., US : National Energy Information Center (U.S.), 2014
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 (W 179°8ʹ50ʺ--E 179°46ʹ26ʺ/N 71°22ʹ50ʺ--N 18°54ʹ50ʺ)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile contains petroleum administration areas for defense districts (PADDs) within the United States as of 2014. PADDs are geographic aggregations of the 50 States and the District of Columbia into five districts: PADD 1 is the East Coast, PADD 2 the Midwest, PADD 3 the Gulf Coast, PADD 4 the Rocky Mountain Region, and PADD 5 the West Coast. Due to its large population, PADD 1 is further divided into sub-PADDs, with PADD 1A as New England, PADD 1B the Central Atlantic States, and PADD 1C comprising the Lower Atlantic States. There are two additional PADDs (PADDs VI and VII) that encompass U.S. Territories (these are not pictured on the map). The PADDs help users of the Energy Information Administration's petroleum data assess regional petroleum product supplies. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data produced by the U.S. National Energy Information Administration.
This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- Preferred citation
- National Energy Information Center (U.S.). (2014). Petroleum Administration for Defense Districts, United States, 2014. National Energy Information Center. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/qx317fs8189.
- Use limitation
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained herein. These data and related graphics, if available, are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. The information contained in these data is dynamic and may change over time. The U.S. Energy Information Administration gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of these data.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.