County Boundary (Mask): Solano County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- countyboundarymask - Fairfield, California, US : Solano County Department of Information Technology, 2015
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2226 (W 122°51ʹ19ʺ--W 121°8ʹ11ʺ/N 38°43ʹ45ʺ--N 37°50ʹ11ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°51ʹ19ʺ--W 121°8ʹ11ʺ/N 38°43ʹ34ʺ--N 37°50ʹ11ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- Digital collection
- 26 digital items
- Armstrong, Jake H.
This polygon shapefile depicts a mask of the boundary for the County of Solano, California. A mask covers or hides features to enhance cartographic representation by identifying the analysis extent that will be considered when performing an operation or function. Setting an analysis mask means that processing will only occur within the boundaries of Solano County. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data produced by Solano County, California.
Solano Regional Geographic Information Systems Consortium (Solano ReGIS) is a cooperative of local government agencies within Solano County, California, working together to share spatial data, pool resources, and provide GIS expertise to Solano ReGIS members, which include the Cities of Benicia, Dixon, Fairfield, Rio Vista, Suisun City, Vacaville and Vallejo; the County of Solano; the Fairfield-Suisun Sewer District; the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO); the Solano County Water Agency; the Solano Irrigation District; the Solano Transportation Authority; and the Vallejo Sanitation and Flood Control District. These Solano ReGIS members provide public access to applications, maps and spatial data. Solano County encompasses 7 cities and approximately 425,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Solano Regional GIS Consortium. (2015). County Boundary (Mask): Solano County, California, 2015. Solano Regional GIS Consortium. (2015). County Boundary (Line): Solano County, California, 2015. Solano County, California. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/qj160bs2280.
- Use limitation
- Solano Regional GIS Consortium provides GIS layers for general mapping use only and does not provide legally authoritative data. The user assumes responsibility for any decisions made using Solano ReGIS sourced data.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.