Groundwater Depth, California, Spring 2012
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Sacramento, California, US : California. Department of Water Resources, 2016
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Point
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; Custom projection (W 124°9ʹ36ʺ--W 116°49ʺ/N 42°1ʹ3ʺ--N 32°47ʹ21ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 124°9ʹ36ʺ--W 116°49ʺ/N 42°1ʹ3ʺ--N 32°47ʹ21ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- Digital collection
- 123 digital items
- Physical collection
- 1 online resource
This point shapefile represents the depth to groundwater below the ground surface in California during spring of 2012. These data show depth to groundwater values collected from wells. Depth information is represented in feet below the ground surface. Increasing values indicate increasing depth to groundwater (or deeper/lower water levels). Negative values indicate that the groundwater level is above ground surface. Water level measurements are selected based on measurement data and well construction information (where available) and approximate groundwater levels in the unconfined to uppermost semi-confined aquifers.
This layer is intended to be used as a compliment to data, reports, and other information provided by the California Groundwater Information Center.
- Preferred citation
- California Department of Water Resources. (2016). Groundwater Depth, California, Spring 2012. California Department of Water Resources. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/pp561fb8417.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.