MJF Tape 1076 1994-09
- Type of resource
- Moving image
- Monterey (Calif.)
- Date created
- September 1994
- archival original
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
The collection contains the archives of the Monterey Jazz Festival from 1958 to the present. It primarily consists of unpublished sound recordings and videos of festival concerts, and interviews and panel discussions in various formats, many of which are also available as digital sound and video files. Also included are a variety of recordings received with the collection that are not recordings from the festival itself, but instead feature content connected to the festival in some way, such as studio recordings of artists who performed at the festival, demo tapes for artists wishing to perform at the festival, or various recordings relating to festival founder Jimmy Lyons in some way. Some books, photographs, posters, programs, and other miscellaneous papers can also be found in the archives. The collection adds material every year.
[KSBW footage of Monterey County Fairgrounds during festival] () (00:00:50) (01:T00:00:00) -- [KSBW footage featuring California High School All-Star Jazz Band] (California High School All-star Jazz Band) (00:01:03) (02:T00:00:50).
- 1. [ksbw Footage Of Monterey County Fairgrounds During Festival]--2. [ksbw Footage Featuring California High School All-star Jazz Band]
- California High School All-star Jazz Band-- [* After Name Denotes Alternates As Listed In Program] (Bill Berry, Conductor ; Paul Contos, Assistant Conductor ; Jonathon Haffner, Jacky Klimek, Alto Saxophones ; Dan Pratt, Paul Burns, Tenor Saxophones ; Joe Pelochino, Baritone Saxophone ; Gustavo Lizarraga*, Pat Weill*, Daniel Buffo*, Derek Bishop*, Dorian Ramirez*, Michelle Lee*, Saxophones ; Kerim Friedrich, Tanya Darby, Jason Sanders, Erik Telford, Kyle Dreher, Matt Tufts*, Nathan Botts*, Trumpets ; Ben Gerstein, Kevin M. Poole, Stephen Smith, Paul Deeringer, Jeromie Clark, Evan Blasihgame*, Trombones ; Chad Wagner, Max Hart*, Piano ; Greg Oehler, Gabriel Lackner*, Guitar ; Lorenzo Farrell, Tony Wills*, Bass ; Phil Cuykendall, Drums ; Ramone Hyde, Phillip Byers*, Drums)
- Digitized by Stanford University Libraries.
- [KSBW footage of Monterey County Fairgrounds during festival]
- 1076, SM00000006041, IF000001027
- [KSBW footage featuring California High School All-Star Jazz Band]
- California High School All-star Jazz Band
- Jazz, Jazz ensemble
- 1076, SM00000009156, IF000001027
- Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound
- Use and reproduction
- Property rights reside with the repository. Intellectual property rights reside with the creators of the recordings and related documentation or their heirs. To access recordings in the Monterey Jazz Festival Collection, please contact the Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound at email@example.com.