- Type of resource
- Date created
- 1 map: 13.8 x 28 cm; 17.4 x 28.8 cm including border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:190,000,000]. ; W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°
Item belongs to a collection
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Digital collection
- 706 digital items
- Simple untitled world map consisting of twelve globe gores. California is not shown as an island, and the entire west coast of South America is remarkably accurate for the time.
- Issued in his: Regimiento de navegacion mando haser el re nuestro senor por orden de su conseio real de las Indias...-- Madrid: J. de la Cuesta, 1606.
- Crude printing with some location names printed upside down.
- A, B, C, D printed in corners (inside borders) clockwise from upper left.
- Shirley 256 (plate 202), Tooley p.109
- Statement of responsibility
- [Andreas Cespedes].
- Post publication map number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).