Archeological Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Santa Cruz, California, US : County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Point
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°18ʹ40ʺ--W 121°38ʹ9ʺ/N 37°13ʹ14ʺ--N 36°51ʹ52ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°18ʹ36ʺ--W 121°38ʹ11ʺ/N 37°12ʹ53ʺ--N 36°52ʹ16ʺ
This point shapefile depicts locations of archaeological reports submitted with land use applications in the County of Santa Cruz, California. Santa Cruz County protects and preserves archaeological resources for their scientific, educational and cultural values, and for their value as local heritage. The Planning Department requires an archaeological site survey (surface reconnaissance) as part of the environmental review process for all projects with very high site potential as determined by the inventory of archaeological sites, within the Archaeological Sensitive Areas, as designated on the General Plan and Local Coastal Program Resources and Constraints Maps filed in the Planning Department. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Archeological Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/nf236wn3228.
- Use limitation
- These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.