Natural Gas Interstate and Intrastate Pipelines, United States, 2014
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Washington, D.C., US : National Energy Information Center (U.S.), 2014
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; LineString
- 1:1000000 ; EPSG::4326 (W 151°33ʹ32ʺ--W 67°25ʹ48ʺ/N 60°30ʹ--N 25°23ʹ11ʺ)
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This line shapefile represents the major natural gas transmission pipelines in the U.S. including interstate, intrastate, and gathering pipelines as of November 2014. These data were obtained by the U.S. Energy Information Administration from various sources including FERC Form 567—Annual Report Of System Flow Diagrams and Capacity, and other external sources such as company web pages and industry press. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data produced by the U.S. National Energy Information Administration.
This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- Preferred citation
- National Energy Information Center (U.S.). (2014). Natural Gas Interstate and Intrastate Pipelines, United States, 2014. National Energy Information Center. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/nb980gq7004.
- Use limitation
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained herein. These data and related graphics, if available, are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. The information contained in these data is dynamic and may change over time. The U.S. Energy Information Administration gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of these data.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.