Category One Stream Buffers: Santa Clara County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- San Jose, California, US : Santa Clara County (Calif.). Planning Office, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°2ʹ7ʺ--W 121°14ʹ31ʺ/N 37°26ʹ33ʺ--N 36°53ʹ19ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°1ʹ56ʺ--W 121°14ʹ33ʺ/N 37°26ʹ11ʺ--N 36°53ʹ37ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile depicts habitat plan category one stream buffers in the County of Santa Clara, California. According to the California State Water Resources Control Board, a buffer zone is a strip of land, along all sides of a body of water, where additional avoidance measures and management practices are required for protection of the quality and beneficial uses of water, fish and riparian wildlife habitat, other forest resources and for controlling erosion. This layer is maintained by the Santa Clara County Planning Office TeamGIS, for the benefit of the Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data for Santa Clara County, California.
The Santa Clara County Planning Office is part of the Department of Planning and Development. Their primary function is to plan and regulate land use and development within the unincorporated portions of Santa Clara County. Other responsibilities include policy analysis, GIS services, research and technical assistance relating to land use, housing, environmental protection, historic preservation and demographics. The Geographic Information Services Department has taken on all those activities related to GIS data and GIS process and procedures that cross organizational boundaries. Santa Clara County encompasses 15 cities and approximately 1.7 million people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Santa Clara County, California. Planning Office. (2015). Category One Stream Buffers: Santa Clara County, California, 2015. Santa Clara County, Calif. Planning Office. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/nb797xy8539.
- Use limitation
- There are no Use Constraints. The user must be familiar with GIS software and web maps to use these data. No support on the use of software or webmaps is provided. All information provided in official Santa Clara Valley Habitat Agency (SCVHA) websites is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the SCVHA and any person or entity. Information on the websites is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the SCVHA makes no guarantees of any kind. The SCVHA, its employees, officers, content providers, affiliates or other representatives are not liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages) arising out of your use of, your inability to use, or the performance of this website or the content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.