Biologic Resource Areas: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Eureka, California, US : Humboldt County Planning and Building Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::26741 (W 124°25ʹ47ʺ--W 123°23ʹ6ʺ/N 41°28ʹ30ʺ--N 39°59ʹ41ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 124°23ʹ35ʺ--W 123°24ʹ21ʺ/N 41°27ʹ55ʺ--N 40°8ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- von Dohlen, Jerry
This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Biologic Resource Areas in the County of Humboldt, California. Biologic Resources are designated due to their rare or especially valuable nature or role in an ecosystem and can be easily disturbed or degraded by human activity. Biologic Resources are protected and preserved for their genetic, scientific and educational values. This coverage was derived from the "Sensitive Habitats Policy Background Study" map (March 1982) by the Humboldt County Planning Department. This layer was digitized using General Plan 15 foot Basemap. Original map scale: 1 inch = 1 Mile. Data may not be accurate for large scale overlays. Data was registered to CA Stateplane Zone 1 NAD27 Units Feet.
The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. (2015). Biologic Resource Areas: Humboldt County, California, 2015. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/ks800th5457.
- Use limitation
- The County of Humboldt makes no guarantee of the quality or completeness of this data. It has not been fully reviewed for accuracy and is intended to be used for planning purposes only. The department assumes no liability or responsibility in the use of this data. While every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this information, it should be understood that it does not have the force and effect of law, rule, or regulation. In the event of any difference or error, the law will take precedence. The accuracy of map data varies from location to location in the county. While the GIS is useful for planning purposes, it should not be relied upon to determine property, zoning or general plan designation boundaries or be used in any way for project design. All GIS data should be verified before it is materially relied upon for property or project planning. In urban areas the GIS map data maybe inaccurate by as much as 50 feet in any direction. In rural areas the map data may be inaccurate by as much as 400 feet in any direction.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.