Carte d'une partie de l'Amerique Septentrionale : qui contient partie de la Nle. Espagne, et de la Louisiane, pour servir aux voyages au tour du Monde et vers les deux Poles, faits par M. de Pages ... ; Benard direxit. (to accompany) Atlas Les voyages de Pages (from ) Pages' Voyages autour du Monde, et vers les deux Poles
- Type of resource
- Paris : Moutard, 1782
- Digital origin
- reformatted digital
- 1 map ; 32 x 43 cm
- Map data
Also available at
Item is included in another record
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 75771 digital items
- Short title
- Carte d'une partie de l'Amerique Septentrionale
- Uncolored map, showing part of Louisiana, Texas, the Gulf Coast and Mexico. Showing exploration routes, settlements, villages, missions, and rivers. Relief shown pictorially. Includes legend. Pages accompanied the Spanish Governor of Texas on a Journey from New Orleans to Natchitoches and on to San Antonio by way of the Red River in 1767. The book includes a 15 page account of Texas. Humboldt notes Pages' visit to Saltillo in 1767 in his seminal work on New Spain. The map tracks Pages journey from New Orleans to Acapulco, first up the Red River, then overland, identifying a number of Missions and other settlements and Indian Villages in Texas and Louisiana.
- Volume 1 of the text: https://archive.org/stream/voyagesautourdum00pag Volume 2 of the text: https://archive.org/stream/voyagesautourdum01pag
- Appears in
- Atlas Les voyages de Pages (from ) Pages' Voyages autour du Monde, et vers les deux Poles
- List number
- Image number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the David Rumsey Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce commercially, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- Property rights reside with the repository, Copyright © Stanford University. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. By downloading any images from this site, you agree to the terms of that license.