AUDIENCA DE GUADALAJARA, NOVA MEXICO CALIFORNIA, &c
- Type of resource
- Date created
- 1 map : hand col.; 19.8 x 22 cm., 19.8 x 23.7 cm. including border.
- Map data
- [ca.1:17,000,000]. ; (W 125° --W 110°/N 47° --N 31°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Sanson, Nicolas, 1600-1667 (creator)
- State 4
- In Latin, [1657?], entitled: Audienca de Guadalajara, Nova Mexico California &c. / Per N. Sanson. California labelled California Insula. Title cartouche smaller, of scrollwork instead of wings.
- Wheat 54; Tooley 15; Leighly 28 (Plate IX); BN Sanson II A(5), Sanson II F(5) & Sanson VII E; Ashley Baynton-Williams, correspondence, 1995; UCB; Americana Catalog No. 54, Richard Fitch “Old maps & prints & books”, Item #30.
- Statement of responsibility
- Per N. Sanson
- California as an island, labelled California Isle, and with indented northern coastline and many place names. Agubela de Cato to north. Winged title cartouche. (upper right).
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Original McLaughlin book number (1995 edition) with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.