Fire Service Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Santa Cruz, California, US : County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°19ʹ10ʺ--W 121°34ʹ53ʺ/N 37°17ʹ34ʺ--N 36°50ʹ32ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°19ʹ2ʺ--W 121°34ʹ56ʺ/N 37°17ʹ10ʺ--N 36°50ʹ56ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile represents fire service areas in the County of Santa Cruz, California. This coverage represents a compilation of the various agencies responsible for structural fire protection in Santa Cruz County. Some are local districts with elected Boards (e.g. Central Fire), some are City Fire Departments (Santa Cruz and Watsonville) and two are County Service Areas (#4 and #48) under contract to the California Department of Forestry. In addition, the University of California at Santa Cruz has its own fire department. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Fire Service Areas: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/hz045yq1947.
- Supplemental information
- GIS Layer Number = 7F/ Fire Service Areas: Originally drawn by using the Elections Fire District boundaries as a base, and adding fire service area boundaries for Pajaro Dunes (CSA #4), County Fire (CSA #48), City of Santa Cruz, City of Watsonville and U.C.S.C. Dan Turner of the State Department of Forestry was the source of boundary information during the conversion. The County Office of Emergency Services is the layer authority. Source criteria has not yet been established for future changes to this layer.
- Use limitation
- These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.