Airport Noise Contours: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Eureka, California, US : Humboldt County Planning and Building Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::26741 (W 124°7ʹ20ʺ--W 124°5ʹ30ʺ/N 41°--N 40°57ʹ20ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 124°7ʹ19ʺ--W 124°5ʹ30ʺ/N 40°59ʹ58ʺ--N 40°57ʹ22ʺ
- von Dohlen, Jerry (creator)
This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Airport Noise Contours at the Arcata-Eureka Airport in the County of Humboldt, California. These Contours are displayed at both the 60 and 65 Community Noise Equivalent Levels (CNELs), representing equal levels of noise exposure for each Level. Aircraft noise is a significant factor in land use planning around airports. The objectives of compatible land use planning are to encourage land uses that are generally considered to be incompatible with airports (such as residential, schools, and churches) to locate away from airports and to encourage land uses that are more compatible (such as industrial and commercial uses) to locate around airports. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has been actively supporting programs to minimize noise impacts. The Arcata-Eureka Aiport is located in McKinleyville, California and offers commercial air service to Humboldt, Del Norte and Mendocino Counties and is served by 1 commercial airline.
The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. (2015). Airport Noise Contours: Humboldt County, California, 2015. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/hy802mx9480.
- Use limitation
- The County of Humboldt makes no guarantee of the quality or completeness of this data. It has not been fully reviewed for accuracy and is intended to be used for planning purposes only. The department assumes no liability or responsibility in the use of this data. While every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this information, it should be understood that it does not have the force and effect of law, rule, or regulation. In the event of any difference or error, the law will take precedence. The accuracy of map data varies from location to location in the county. While the GIS is useful for planning purposes, it should not be relied upon to determine property, zoning or general plan designation boundaries or be used in any way for project design. All GIS data should be verified before it is materially relied upon for property or project planning. In urban areas the GIS map data maybe inaccurate by as much as 50 feet in any direction. In rural areas the map data may be inaccurate by as much as 400 feet in any direction.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.