[Oranda Chikyu zenzu: kan: World map]
- Type of resource
- Date created
- Two hemispheres, ea. 32.3 cm in diam., on sheet 45.3 x 70.4 cm.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:120,000,000]. ; (W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Tajima, Ryūkei, 1789-1873 (creator)
- California as large island showing interior mountains. Eastern Red Sea to east; Sea of California to west; Great Eastern Ocean to northwest. Australia and Antarctica are combined into large polar land mass.
- Wood block print.
- In Japanese.
- Includes 4 drawings at lower edge showing eclipses of the sun and moon, and texts on heliocentric theory and climate zones.
- UCB East Asian Library Map A5.
- Statement of responsibility
- Ryukei, Tajima
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.