Bullets for Dead Hoods : an Encyclopedia of Chicago Mobsters, c. 1933
- Type of resource
- mixed material
- New York, NY : Soberscove Press, 2020
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; W 87°56'00"--W 87°31'00"/N 42°01'00"--N 41°38'00"
- Scale not given ; EPSG::4326
- Corbett, John
Writer, curator, and gallerist John Corbett struck thrifter’s gold at a going-out-of business Chicago junk shop when he stumbled onto a browned and brittle manuscript intimately documenting the Chicago mob of the early 1930s. The tone of its typewritten and hand-annotated pages immediately
grabbed him—sensationalistic and funny, they read like an embellished police blotter, naming names, listing addresses, and recounting crimes. For all of the dossier’s texture and personality, however, Corbett could find no clues to the identity of its author.
- Use and reproduction
- Under the CC BY-SA license, you are free to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and or adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material) for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms. The license terms are that you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. Additionally, you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-SA).