A Chart Shewing part of the Coast of N.W. America, With the Tracks of His Majesty's Sloop Discovery and Armed Tender Chatham; Commanded by George Vancouver Esqr. and prepared from the foregoing Surveys under his immediate inspection by Lieut Edwd. Roberts in which the Continental Shore has been correctly Traced and Determined From Lat. 29?54'N. and Long. 244?33'E. to Cape Douglas in Lat. 58?52'N and Longd. 207?20'E. during the Summers of 1792, 1793, and 1794. 14. Warner Sculp London: Published May 1st 1798, by J. Edwards Pall Mall & G. Robinson Paternoster Row.
- Type of resource
- London : G.G. & J. Robinson, 1798
- Digital origin
- reformatted digital
- 1 map ; 79 x 60 cm
- Map data
- 1:6,800,000 ; W 155°00′00″--W 115°00′00″/N 063°00′00″--N 028°00′00″
Also available at
Item is included in another record
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials., The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 68628 digital items
- Short title
- The Coast of N.W. America.
- An uncolored map of the coast from western Alaska to northern Mexico. Note within cartouche states, "The parts not shaded to the Eastward of Cape Decision are taken from Spanish Authorities - and those not shaded to the Westward of Cape St. Hermogenes are taken from Russian Authorities." Full lines show the vessels' tracks north, with dotted lines showing the vessels' tracks south.
- P197; Streeter 3497; Sabin 98443; Cowan 1933; Wagner 853-860.
- Appears in
- ("Voyage of discovery to the North Pacific Ocean and round the world; in which the coast of north-west America has been carefully examined and accurately surveyed ... Atlas.")
- List number
- Image number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the David Rumsey Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce commercially, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property rights reside with the repository, Copyright © Stanford University. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact email@example.com This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. By downloading any images from this site, you agree to the terms of that license.