L'AMERIQUE Suivant les dernieres Observatios de l'Academie Royale de Paris
- Type of resource
- [France and Italy]
- Date created
- [ca. 1785]
- 16.1 x 12.2 cm.; 17.2 x 13.1 cm. including border.
- Map data
- [ca.1:90,000,000] ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Buffier, Claude, 1661-1737 (creator)
- California with indented northern coastline and without place names, except on State 9, which is engraved by H. van Loon. Mainland coastline continues northwest to 55 deg. N. The States and Variants listed identify differences between very similar maps and may, with additional research, be re-arranged.
- State 5
- Ashley Baynton-Williams; Nordenskiöld 1,40(18)(Italian text, State 2).
- State 8
- French text. With changed title: L'AMERIQUE Suivant les dernieres Observatios de l'Academie Royale de Paris. and no engraver's name. "Page 284 (top right); Leon horizontally labeled off coast above Panama; Mexique off coast of Mexico; Zelande; Tropique du Capricorne; and N. Yore, Boston and Virginie labeled; and with NOUVau MEXIQUE. Unconfirmed date, 1785.
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Original McLaughlin book number (1995 edition) with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.