1:1,000,000-Scale Contours of Hawaii
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Rolla, Missouri, US : National Atlas of the United States, 2014
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; LineString
- Map data
- 1:1000000 ; Custom projection (W 160°13ʹ33ʺ--W 154°48ʹ44ʺ/N 22°14ʹ23ʺ--N 18°54ʹ42ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 160°13ʹ15ʺ--W 154°50ʹ12ʺ/N 22°13ʹ45ʺ--N 18°55ʹ38ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
A largely digital resource designed to promote greater geographic awareness through the development and delivery of products that provide easy to use, map-like views of our natural and socio-cultural landscapes., A largely digital resource designed to promote greater geographic awareness through the development and delivery of products that provide easy to use, map-like views of our natural and socio-cultural landscapes.
- Digital collection
- 185 digital items
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
This line shapefile shows elevation contour lines for Hawaii. The map layer was derived from the 100-meter resolution elevation data set which is published by the National Atlas of the United States, and is in the same Albers Equal-area Conic projection as that source data set. Contour intervals match the steps used in the National Atlas Color-Sliced Elevation data sets. Contours were adjusted so that they are in the proper relationship to National Atlas 1:1,000,000-scale lakes, reservoirs, and wide (double-line) streams. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition of the National Atlas of the United States.
These data are intended for geographic display and analysis at the national level, and for large regional areas. The data should be displayed and analyzed at scales appropriate for 1:1,000,000-scale data. No responsibility is assumed by the National Atlas of the United States in the use of these data.
- Preferred citation
- National Atlas of the United States. (2014). 1:1,000,000-Scale Contours of Hawaii. National Atlas of the United States. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/fz233rp0187.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Referenced by
- 1:1,000,000-Scale Contours of the Conterminous United States
- 1:1,000,000-Scale Contours of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.