100-Meter Map Grid, Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve, 2017
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Woodside, CA, Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve (Agency), 2017
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; Custom projection (W 122°15ʹ16ʺ--W 122°12ʹ12ʺ/N 37°25ʹ5ʺ--N 37°23ʹ26ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°15ʹ16ʺ--W 122°12ʹ12ʺ/N 37°25ʹ5ʺ--N 37°23ʹ26ʺ
This polygon shapefile contains a 100 meter map grid of the Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve (JRBP), containing sector rows and columns for the Sector Map Book of Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve. This dataset was developed to have the sector maps used by so many JRBP docents in digital form.The JRBP is located in Woodside, California near Stanford University's campus in the eastern foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The preserve encompasses remarkable geologic, topographic, and biotic diversity within its 485 hectares (1,198 acres) and provides a natural laboratory for researchers from all over the world, educational experiences to students and docent-led visitors, and refuge to native plants and animals.
This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve. (2017). 100-Meter Map Grid, Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve, 2017. Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/fx392st8577.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- Downloading the data indicates acceptance of the conditions: You agree not to sell any products resulting from this data - it is for educational, non-commercial use only. You also agree to notify JRBP about any derivative products or publications that result from the use of Jasper Ridge data, and to provide digital copies. Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve and Stanford University are not responsible for any errors in the data or for errors in products derived from these data.