Fire Protection Districts: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Eureka, California, US : Humboldt County Planning and Building Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::26741 (W 124°26ʹ34ʺ--W 123°26ʹ13ʺ/N 41°28ʹ25ʺ--N 39°55ʹ5ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 124°24ʹ21ʺ--W 123°26ʹ15ʺ/N 41°27ʹ55ʺ--N 39°56ʹ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
- von Dohlen, Jerry
This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Fire Protection Districts and Response Areas in the County of Humboldt, California. This coverage includes names of points of contact, addresses and phone numbers. The specific services Fire Districts provide are: 1) Fire protection services; 2) Rescue services; and 3) Emergency medical services. Fire Protection Districts qualify as special districts in the state of California, usually independent of any city or county government and funded by a portion of property taxes and special tax assessment on properties within its Fire Protection District. This layer is maintained for the benefit of the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Santa Clara County. LAFCO was created in 1963 to encourage orderly formation of local government agencies, preserve agricultural land resources and discourage urban sprawl. LAFCos are responsible for coordinating logical and timely changes in local governmental boundaries, conducting special studies that review ways to reorganize, simplify, and streamline governmental structure and preparing a sphere of influence for each city and special district within each county.
The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. (2015). Fire Protection Districts: Humboldt County, California, 2015. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/fk057cz4272.
- Use limitation
- The County of Humboldt makes no guarantee of the quality or completeness of this data. It has not been fully reviewed for accuracy and is intended to be used for planning purposes only. The department assumes no liability or responsibility in the use of this data. While every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this information, it should be understood that it does not have the force and effect of law, rule, or regulation. In the event of any difference or error, the law will take precedence. The accuracy of map data varies from location to location in the county. While the GIS is useful for planning purposes, it should not be relied upon to determine property, zoning or general plan designation boundaries or be used in any way for project design. All GIS data should be verified before it is materially relied upon for property or project planning. In urban areas the GIS map data maybe inaccurate by as much as 50 feet in any direction. In rural areas the map data may be inaccurate by as much as 400 feet in any direction.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.