- Type of resource
- Date created
- 7 cm. in diameter on sheet 22.3 x 17.7 cm.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:300,000,000]. ; (W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Bell, A. (Andrew), 18th cent. (creator)
- Sheet showing six projections. The polar projections, labeled “Fig. 2.” at the top right, and “Fig. 4” at middle right, show California as an island.
- Issued in: Encyclopaedia Britannica ... 3rd edition ... London, 1797.
- Statement of responsibility
- A. Bell.
- Plate CCIX. (top right).
- A. Bell Sculpt. (lower right).
- None found.
- Post publication map number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.