KAART der REYZE van drie Schepen naar het ZUYDLAND in de Jaaren 1721 en 1722
- Type of resource
- Date created
- [ca. 1720-1729]
- 1 map : 18.3 x 34.4 cm., 19.6 x 35.6 cm. including border.
- Map data
- [ca.1:90,000,000]. [S.l.: s.n., 172 ; (W 160° --E 20°/N 90° --S 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- State 1
- JKS NOTE: Two maps are on this record: one in black and white, one in color.
- Possibly the work of Isaac Tirion.
- Shows the voyage of three Dutch ships under the command of Capt. Jacob Roggeveen from Amsterdam to Iava. Includes partial outlines of N. Zeeland, van Diemens Land, Nieuw Holland, and t'Land van Quiri.
- California as an island with indented coastline and place names including K. Blanco, K.S. Sebastiaan, and F. Draks baai. (No previous use of 'K' used for 'cape' seen.) Water passage continues north between Compagnies Land and Noord America.
- None found.
- Statement of responsibility
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.