Airport Clear Zones: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- Santa Cruz, California, US : County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 121°49ʹ7ʺ--W 121°45ʹ47ʺ/N 36°57ʹ31ʺ--N 36°54ʹ36ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 121°49ʹ5ʺ--W 121°45ʹ49ʺ/N 36°57ʹ30ʺ--N 36°54ʹ37ʺ
This polygon shapefile contains airport clear zones for the Watsonville Municipal Airport in the County of Santa Cruz, California. An airport clear zone is that section of an approach zone of aircraft where the plane defining the glide path is 50 feet or less above the location of the center line of the runway. The clear zone ends where the height of the glide path above ground level is above 50 feet. Land use under the clear zone is restricted. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Airport Clear Zones: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/dh745xb6508.
- Supplemental information
- GIS Layer Number = 50/ Original Mapping Source: Watsonville Airport Plan. Map Used to Convert to GIS: Source map. New Information Acceptable for Updating Maps: Revised Airport Land Use Plan, Federal Aviation Regulations, staff recommended changes. Parcel Specific Overiding Information: Not applicable. The boundaries were plotted and reviewed by the County's Advanced Planning staff.
- Use limitation
- These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.