La Pologne Dressee sur ce qu'en ont donne Starovolsk, Beauplan, Hartnoch . . . 1702 (Rare 1st State!)
- Type of resource
- Paris, 1702
- Digital origin
- reformatted digital
- 1 map : outline color ; 24.5 x 19 in
- cartographic image
- Map data
- Scale not determined
Item belongs to a collection
The Barry Lawrence Ruderman Map Collection is an actively growing collection of digital scans created from the content that has passed through the map dealership of Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps, Inc. The content focuses primarily on Western European and North American cartographers and printers dating from the late 1400’s to the 1950’s.
- Digital collection
- 23726 digital items
- Associated with
- De L'Isle
- Rare first edition of De L'Isle's map of Poland, one of the most influential commercially maps of Poland published at the beginnning of the 18th Century, by perhaps the most important map maker of the period. The map extends to the Baltic and the Ukraine. The first edition can be recognized by the early De L'Isle address, Rue de Canettes, the reference to De L'Isle's 20 year privilege for publishing the map (Avec Privilege du Roy pour 20 ans). This is the first example of the map we have offered for sale in over 20 years.
- Map shows Baltic, Russia, Poland.
- Stanford copy: Minor soiling and discoloration Top margin extended
- Dimensions given in inches.
- Available online
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the The Barry Lawrence Ruderman Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce commercially, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License