- Type of resource
- Date created
- 7 cm. in diameter on sheet 21.1 x 13.9 cm.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:300,000,000]. ; (W 0° --E 0°/N 90° --N 90°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's., Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Low, John, 1763-1809
- Statement of responsibility
- [John Low].
- Possibly reissued in Ester Low’s (wife) edition from 1810.
- Pl. XCVI. (top right).
- Sheet showing numerous projections. The polar projection, labeled “Fig. 4.” in the bottom left-hand corner depicts California as an island.
- Engraved for the Encyclopaedia, Published in N. York. (lower middle).
- Issued in his: The new and complete American encyclopaedia: or, universal dictionary of arts and sciences ... Vol. IV. ..., New York : Printed and Published by John Low, 1808. (Volumes printed between 1805-1811).
- Sabin 52441; Rumsey Collection; Meridian article by Mary Ritzlin, No. 2, 1989.
- Post publication map number
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at email@example.com.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.