MAPPE MONDE ou Description DU GLOBE Terrestre & Aquatique suivant les Dernieres & Meilleures
- Type of resource
- AMSTERDAM : Ches I.B. ELWE.
- Date created
- 2 hemispheres each 30.4 cm. in diameter with 48.6 x 61.3 cm. border.
- Map data
- [ca. 1:85,000,000] ; (W 180° --E 180°/N 85° --S 85°)
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Jaillot, Alexis Hubert, 1632?-1712 (creator)
- State 4
- 1792, with title above the map removed. Title and imprint centered above the two hemispheres changed to: MAPPE MONDE ou Description DU GLOBE Terrestre & Aquatique suivant les Dernieres & Meilleures A. AMSTERDAM. Ches I.B. ELWE. MDCCXCII.
- California with a deeply indented northern coastline labeled Isle de Californie, with numerous place names noted. Map surrounded by eight figures. The four above the hemispheres represent the arts and government. The four below represent the continents.
- Shirley 561 (Plate 13); LC 5956; Koeman II, El 2(3), El 3; Maritime 89(3).
- Issued in his: Atlas. -- Amstelaedami, . Reissued in his: Atlas. -- Amstelodami, .
- Post publication map number
- Post publication map number with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.