Agricultural Preserves: Santa Clara County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- San Jose, California, US : Santa Clara County (Calif.). Planning Office, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°11ʹ51ʺ--W 121°12ʹ25ʺ/N 37°29ʹ26ʺ--N 36°53ʹ9ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°11ʹ37ʺ--W 121°12ʹ30ʺ/N 37°29ʹ5ʺ--N 36°53ʹ35ʺ
This polygon shapefile depicts 10 agricultural preserves located in unincorporated areas of the County of Santa Clara, California. According to California Government Code Section 51200-51207, an agricultural preserve is an area devoted to either agricultural use (use of land, including but not limited to greenhouses, for the purpose of producing an agricultural commodity for commercial purposes), recreational use (use of land in its agricultural or natural state by the public, with or without charge, for any of of the following: walking, hiking, picknicking, camping, swimming, boating, fishing, hunting, or other outdoor games or sports for which facilities are provided for public participation), open-space (use or maintenance of land in a manner that preserves its natural characteristics, beauty or openness for the benefit and enjoyment of the public, to provide habitat for wildlife, or for the solar evaporation of seawater in the course of salt production for commerical purposes) or any combination of those uses and which is established in accordance with the provisions of this chapter of the California Code. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data for Santa Clara County, California.
The Santa Clara County Planning Office is part of the Department of Planning and Development. Their primary function is to plan and regulate land use and development within the unincorporated portions of Santa Clara County. Other responsibilities include policy analysis, GIS services, research and technical assistance relating to land use, housing, environmental protection, historic preservation and demographics. The Geographic Information Services Department has taken on all those activities related to GIS data and GIS process and procedures that cross organizational boundaries. Santa Clara County encompasses 15 cities and approximately 1.7 million people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Santa Clara County, California. Planning Office. (2015). Agricultural Preserves: Santa Clara County, California, 2015. Santa Clara County, Calif. Planning Office. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/bm912yb1660.
- Use limitation
- There are no Use Constraints. The user must be familiar with GIS software and web maps to use these data. No support on the use of software or webmaps is provided. All information provided herein by the Santa Clara County Department of Planning and Development (SCCDPD) is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the SCCDPD and any person or entity. Information on the website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the SCCDPD makes no guarantees of any kind.The SCCDPD, its employees, officers, content providers, affiliates or other representatives are not liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages) arising out of your useof, your inability to use, or the performance of this website or the content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.