Sanitation Districts: Santa Clara County, California, 2015
- Type of resource
- Software, multimedia
- San Jose, California, US : Santa Clara County (Calif.). Planning Office, 2015
- Date valid
- Digital origin
- born digital
- Shapefile; Polygon
- Map data
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 (W 122°12ʹ8ʺ--W 121°47ʹ32ʺ/N 37°23ʹ49ʺ--N 37°12ʹ12ʺ)
- Scale not given. ; EPSG::4326 W 122°12ʹ6ʺ--W 121°47ʹ43ʺ/N 37°23ʹ48ʺ--N 37°12ʹ25ʺ
Also available at
Item belongs to a collection
This polygon shapefile depicts sanitation districts in the County of Santa Clara, California. According to the California Special Districts Association, sanitary districts are special districts that oversee all aspects of waste management systems, including construction, operation, collection, and treatment of garbage. It is governed by an elected board of directors. This layer is maintained by the Planning Office for the benefit of the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Santa Clara County, a state mandated local agency established to oversee the boundaries of cities and special districts in order to promote orderly growth and development in Santa Clara County. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data for Santa Clara County, California.
The Santa Clara County Planning Office is part of the Department of Planning and Development. Their primary function is to plan and regulate land use and development within the unincorporated portions of Santa Clara County. Other responsibilities include policy analysis, GIS services, research and technical assistance relating to land use, housing, environmental protection, historic preservation and demographics. The Geographic Information Services Department has taken on all those activities related to GIS data and GIS process and procedures that cross organizational boundaries. Santa Clara County encompasses 15 cities and approximately 1.7 million people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Preferred citation
- Santa Clara County, California. Planning Office. (2015). Sanitation Districts: Santa Clara County, California, 2015. Santa Clara County, Calif. Planning Office. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/bm336gw6305.
- Use limitation
- There are no Use Constraints. The user must be familiar with GIS software and web maps to use these data. No support on the use of software or webmaps is provided. All information provided herein by the Santa Clara County Department of Planning and Development (SCCDPD) is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the SCCDPD and any person or entity. Information on the website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the SCCDPD makes no guarantees of any kind.The SCCDPD, its employees, officers, content providers, affiliates or other representatives are not liable for damages of any kind (including, without limitation, lost profits, direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages) arising out of your useof, your inability to use, or the performance of this website or the content whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- WGS84 Cartographics
- This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.