Hospitality, tourism and leisure management : issues in strategy and culture
- edited by Malcolm Foley, J. John Lennon, Gillian A. Maxwell.
- London : Cassell, 1997.
- Physical description
- xvii, 262 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Stacks Request (opens in new tab)
|TX911.3 .M27 H676 1997||Available|
- Foley, Malcolm.
- Lennon, J. J.
- Maxwell, Gillian A.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Quality service in tourism, Jay Kandampully
- Managing quality organizations in the US hospitality sector, Richard Brush
- Organizational culture in luxury hotels, Paul A, Goodale, Roy C. Wood
- Empowerment in the UK hospitality industry, Gill Maxwell
- Management development in the UK hospitality industry, Sandra Watson
- Maximizing labour flexibility, Rosemary Lucas
- Privatization and cultural change in H + T services, Susan M. Ogden
- The changing role of marketing in local authority museums, Gayle MaPherson
- Motivational strategies in eastern Europe, Michael Riley
- Dark tourism - an ethical dilemma, Foley, Lennon
- Ethical dilemmas in strategic management, Gillian Broome
- The tourism environment debate cynicism, L.R. MacLennan
- The economics of leisure sustainability, Chris Bull
- Continuity or change in the international hotel industry? Dennis Nickson
- Hotel chains and their strategic appeal, David Littlejohn.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Dealing with strategic issues which cross the boundaries between hospitality, tourism and leisure, this text examines the common issues of these areas, analyzing how they are approached within hospitality management. The book is required reading for higher level students (years 3 and 4) in Hospitality and Tourism. The editors recognize the growing importance of the economic base of hospitality, tourism and leisure in the UK. In the totality of its approach the book combines a review of management functional specialism with conceptual approaches and contextual evidence.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Hospitality industry > Management.
- Tourism > Management.
- Leisure industry > Management.
- Publication date
- 0304332372 (hbk)
- 0304332399 (pbk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: